【 Teaser Trip 】Omotenashi souvenirs and tidbits of information on Japanese culture
Japan has a variety of amazing "omotenashi" items to offer.
We have “omotenashi” or unique Japanese hospitality based on the idea of “ichigo-ichie (meaning each encounter is a precious once-in-a-lifetime opportunity), which also underlies the tea ceremony. This may be one of the reasons why we have so many great souvenir options for you to choose from to induce “wow” from your special somebody.
At the end of the tour, I will share the information of shops just in case you want to buy some items online or visit the places in the future.
- ツアー 一人当たりの金額（税込）
- ¥550 ~ / 人
- 最大 5 人まで参加可能
- 英語 で開催
- Zoom を利用
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone, please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the sound or video. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded, but please note that you are not allowed to record the teaser trip.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your reservation before finalizing your purchase.
- In this teaser trip, some souvenir stores are introduced. The company and the WoW U-mediator are not in the position to promote the sales and/or support the purchase of the product at all and are not responsible for any trouble between participants and the stores.
Cloisonne in Japanese kanji character means seven treasures, because it is as beautiful as the combination of the seven gems described in the Buddhist scriptures including gold, silver, and pearl.
You will see why the works came to be called seven treasures.
I will share the pictures of some products available at a shop, as I think it is the best way to convey their charm.
Tenutui is a piece of cloth.
Tenugui has been part of Japanese life to dry one's hands and others since a long time ago.
Eventually, many different designs and patterns became available, and people started using tenugui as a fashion accessory in the Edo Period.
It is a typically Japanese item with a lot of different applications.
3Kimono (Japanese traditional clothing)
Kimono is evolving.
It used to be something very formal and special.
Of course, It remains to be Japan’s tradition, but they are loved by more people in the world and are worn more freely, either formally or casually.
A renowned kimono maker has come up with kimono of Innovative designs, gown-types, and universal designs to meet the increasing demand.
4Byobu folding screens
Byobu folding screens are originally designed to divide rooms and protect privacy. They also serve as a backdrop for other Japanese arts.
Today, however, they seem to be used more as interior decorations rather than as room dividers.
You will be amazed to see how one piece of byobu can transform the atmosphere of your room.
Summer in Japan tends to be very hot and humid.
In order to make a cooling breeze, people use folding fans which can be quickly opened.
Folding fans are handy and beautiful.
What’s more, with their shape broadening out toward the end, they are considered auspicious.
Ann's presentation was very enjoyable with a variety of good pictures. She has a good sense of making effective layout of PPT pages. Her tender voice also conveys her customer-friendly care in all the details. Definitely this tour becomes a good souvenir showcase for the tourists who come to Japan for the first time.
Souvenir shops you recommend must be very attractive to tourists who are interested in traditional Japanese arts,
Your explanatios along with each item are very informative and very helpful to understand Japanese culture.
I really enjoyed your tour,
Her presentation was very informative about Japanese arts.
It is very helpful when shopping for souvenirs.
Ann-san, thank you so much for your Omotenashi hospitality.
I was so impressed by her recommended items. All items are perfect not only as souvenirs but also as things to know Japanese culture and history. I want to know more items selected by her. Her fluent narration is also attractive. I recommend this tour for those who want to get nice souvenirs with interesting stories of Japan.
I enjoyed this tour very much and it was very informative. The tour describes traditional Japanese craft souvenirs with good explanation of history and background. The photos of items are very beautiful and motion picture was interesting. The tour is good for those looking for traditional Japanese craft items as souvenirs. Those shops introduced have English web sites and some of the items seem to be shipped overseas.
I love pleasing people.
See What "Omotenashi" Souvenirs Japan Has to Offer I am Ann, and I live in Tokyo. Japan has a variety of amazing "omotenashi" items to offer ranging from kimono (traditional Japanese garments), byobu folding screens, to Cloisonné, and the list goes on and on. I will introduce some of the most popular and beautiful souvenirs from Japan along with tidbits of information of Japanese culture and customs. We have “omotenashi” or unique Japanese hospitality based on the idea of “ichigo-ichie (meaning each encounter is a precious once-in-a-lifetime opportunity), which also underlies the tea ceremony. This may be one of the reasons why we have so many great souvenir options for you to choose from to induce “wow” from your special somebody.