【Teaser Trip】Kyoto/The secret of JAPAN BLUE - Ai-zome, Japanese traditional dyeing
What we'll do
Hi, I'm Miyuki, a government licensed English-speaking tour guide. I visit an Ai-zome artist who lives in a small village in Miyama in Kyoto, an old capital of Japan. He is an owner of the Little Indigo Museum and has his studio there. I enjoy walking in this beautiful village which still remains 39 thatched-roofed houses and makes you feel be in Japanese old fairytales. At the studio I learn about Ai-zome, and at the museum appreciate the artist's collection of Indigo from all over the world. In another studio in Kameoka, I take a trial lesson of Ai-zome. How will it be successful?
Yoshirin is very informative and has deep knowledge in Kumano-kodo. She loves and respects nature. It would be so fun to have her as a guide. Thank you, Yoshirin!
It was a superb trip to understand Japanese indigo dyeing. Many beautiful pictures and interviews were impressive. Even some singing! The dyeing processes are described very well and everything was informative. Thank you very much for a great tour
It was informative and enjoyable. Miyuki-san is fluent and very knowledgeable!
One suggestion: why don’t you conceal the voices of the artist and instead put your narration
or subtitles which explain his talk? I am afraid that it is difficult to catch his voice anyway.
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,100 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 5 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- Best for enjoying Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone,
please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one
hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we
will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the
sound or video. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of
participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your
reservation before finalizing your purchase.
1Kita village walking
walking around Kita village to the Little Indigo Museum
2How Ai is dyed - the secret of Japan Blue
At the studio, an artist explains about the process of Ai-zome.
3Indigo from all over the world
At the museum, let's enjoy looking Indigo products from all over the world!
4Love and passion for Ai
Why has an artist been fascinated with Ai?
Government Licensed Tour Guides
“Guide Interpreting and Communication Skill Studies Association” is one of the major certified guide-interpreter organizations with about 500 members nationwide and head office in Tokyo. Since 1999, GICSS has been offering various guide skill training for our professional registered guides. Our members are full of variety with wonderful personalities and are full of "o-mo-te-na-shi" hospitality mind, bringing foreign visitors with happy memories and satisfaction. Enjoy taking a look and feel the specially selected scenery, scenes, places, architecture, food, handicrafts, souvenirs, various culture, and particularly live communication with local people and feel our lifestyles. We are only a few clicks away and would like you to experience the best! Awaiting to meet with you!