【Teaser Trip】Yamaguchi / Let’s learn more about Hagi yaki, one of the most highly regarded pottery in Japan, admired and enjoyed by tea ceremony masters for over 400 years
What we'll do
Hello, I am Izumi, your online tour guide. I had been working for a TV production company for 9 years and a tour company for 4 years. Then I moved in to Hagi City about 9 years ago when I married my husband who is a Hagi yaki potter. I will be guiding you from our Hagi yaki studio. My husband will also be around during the trip to answer your questions.
Hagi yaki is one of the most highly regarded pottery in Japan and has been admired and enjoyed by tea masters for more than 400 years.
Through the tour, you will learn about the unique origin of Hagi yaki, its feature and how to enjoy the simple looking pottery, and the process of making it. Also, we will make a quick visit to the city of Hagi where Hagi yaki was born. For those who are interested in having their own Hagi yaki pottery, I will share you the link to the online shop.
After enjoying the Hagi yaki virtual tour, I hope you come and visit us in Hagi on a real trip one day.
Thank you for your wonderful tour. Tour was well-organized and I could learn a lot within 30minutes. Some day I would like to join your real tour.
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,650 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 10 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- Best for enjoying Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone, please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the sound or video. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your
reservation before finalizing your purchase.
1What is Hagi yaki?
Hagi yaki is one of the most highly regarded pottery in Japan. What is so special about Hagi yaki? Let's see how it started and its notable features.
2What kind of city is Hagi where Hagi yaki was born？
Hagi is a former castle town, which is a small but fascinating historical and scenic place. Let's look at the highlights; the beautiful locations and good food of the area.
3Process of Making Hagi yaki
Let's see how my husband, a Hagi yaki potter, makes Hagi yaki pottery in as a traditional way as possible such as using kick wheel and handmade glaze, firing by a wood-fired climbing kiln.
4How to enjoy Hagi yaki
At a glance, Hagi yaki may look very simple, but if you get to know the key points in the way to look at it, you will be able to enjoy Hagi yaki more. I will give you some tips.
5Gallery / Shopping
There are many Hagi yaki potteries or shops in Hagi City where you can buy Hagi yaki pottery. It's best if you could come over to Hagi and look for your favorite, but if the situation doesn't permit, on online shopping is one option. Why not use the free shipping promotion within Japan now?
Specialists of Kyushu tourism!
We are Kyushu Association of Interpreters, Translators and Certified Guide-Interpreters, living in Kyushu and Yamaguchi (Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki, Kagoshima, Yamaguchi, Okinawa) We provide guide service in a wide variety of languages such as English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, German, and so forth. Our performance is always highly rated with our Japanese hospitality called “Omotenashi”, so we do the best for fulfilling your requests. Located in southern Japan, Kyushu is surrounded by an abundance of nature, and has a lot of delicious and different dishes for you to try. Once you visit Kyushu, you will be captivated by its enticing beauty!