Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum
The Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum is housed within the former residence of Prince and Princess Asaka. The beautiful building is inspired by European architecture and the interior design follows the Art Deco style - Prince and Princess Asaka had studied in Paris in the 1920s. The art museum regularly displays new paintings and offers fresh events and experiences. Next to the museum you can find the museum's gardens which include a Japanese garden and a European garden. It is a nice spot for picnicking.
Photograph provided by Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum
- 2.0 Hours
- Telephone Number
- Postal code
5-21-9 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Method of payment
- Official URL
- Recommended season
- January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Business Hours
Monday･Tuesday･Wednesday･Thursday･Friday･Saturday･Sunday : 10:00~18:00
※Final admission 30 minutes before closing.
※Closed: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month (if the Wednesday is a national holiday, the museum will be open on that day and closed the following day), year-end and New Year holidays
- Admisson Fee
JPY200 / Adult
○ Garden admission fees
College and vocational students: ¥160
Junior high and high school students and seniors (65 and over): ¥100
• Admission is free for elementary and younger students and for middle school students residing in or attending school in Tokyo.
• Admission is free for visitors (and one accompanying person) with a Physical Disability Certificate, Intellectual Disability Certificate, Rehabilitation Certificate, Mental Disability Certificate, or Atomic Bomb Survivor's Certificate.
• Admission is free for seniors (65 and above) on the third Wednesday of each month.
* A ticket for admission to the Museum also admits you to the garden.
○ Exhibition admission fees
Varies depending on the exhibition. See exhibition page for details.
Request a guide
You can get in touch with us to find additional guides who can show you around this spot.Request
Login is required
No reviews yet.