【Teaser Trip】Kagoshima / What's Furoshiki? From Onsen paradise Kagoshima
What we'll do
Furoshiki and Japanese public baths are closely related. Here we Kagoshima, it's also known as Onsen paradise, your guide will explain what Froshiki is and how to use it. It is a super sustainable wrapping tool and also a very traditional culture in Japan.
If you have one piece of cloth, you can reduce plastic bags consumption. And you don’t need to carry shopping bags, either. How environmentally friendly!
To enjoy the class, please prepare your cloth (50-90cm square size) and something you want to wrap
The tour with the souvenir (3,500yen) is available.
Please check the page.
I enjoyed Eiko san's tour very much. Tour was very well-organized and so much fun.
I thought it was difficult to learn some actives through Zoom, however, the guide, Eiko san showed how to wrap things very well.
Thanks to her instruction, I could learn many tips within 30 minutes.
I would like to join her tour again someday.
The guide, Kiyoko was friendly and kind. She talked about Kagoshima's life, Sakurajima volcanic eruptions, and Furoshiki. She demonstrated how to use Furoshiki as a handy shopping bag. I brought several Furoshiki and learned how to wrap the bottle. It was so much fun.
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,650 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 6 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- Best for enjoying Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone, please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the sound or video. We would appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your reservation before finalizing your purchase.
1WHERE IS THE ONSEN PARADISE?
Let's find out Onsen Paradise Kagoshima with your guide.
Learn Furoshiki, the piece of the cloth magic! Please prepare any square size cloths (50-90cm size is preferable) and the things you want to wrap.
Through Experience, Explore Kagoshima
Explore Kagoshima, the southernmost island of Kyushu with us! We, team TABITTO provide experiences, which are interactive, personal and create memories of a lifetime. Apart from learning about the history, culture and food through these experiences, you will be able to experience a different perspective about Kagoshima as you meet various local artisans and professionals. Join our virtual tours!