【Teaser Trip】Introduction to the World of Japanese Sword
What we'll do
The world of Japanese Sword is mysterious and awesome.
As we all know, Samurai (Worriers with sword) haSs disappeared from the surface of earth some 150 years ago.
People in modern world have never seen live Samurai, but have an image of them through movies, TV programs or even video games these days.
The art of making Japanese Sword starts from burning so called Iron Sand with charcoal. The artisan work through 72 hours continuously and get raw material to fabricate Sword.
Swordsmith then heat the material and pound them several times and go through the complicated process to come up with bare sword. It is handed now to the master polisher of the sword...to finish up whole process they go through 7 to 8 different artisans to finish one sword. Whole process can take 3 full months, sometimes.
I will pick up some important process to make a sword and the meaning of them. You might have seen sword in museum or even in some sword shops in the past. I bet you were just looking at the sword, but once you learn how to appreciate the beauty of the sword, you will not be just looking at them.
You will be appreciating the meaning of them.
This session is to introduce you to the wonderful but deep world of Japanese Sword.
Please come and enjoy.
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,650 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 10 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom installed computer or Smart Phones in advance.
- Best for enjoying Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The Teaser Trips will be held using Zoom meetings function.
- Personal computers and smartphones should be used to participate in, but it is required that Zoom application to be installed prior to the participation.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will be open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we will not be able to receive or respond to messages after t
the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the sound or video. We ask you for you patience and
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participants.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U-mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of participants' computers, smartphones, or tablets that
may occur during the teaser trips.
-Reservation cannot be canceled after the payments have been made. Please double check your reservation before finalizing your purchase.
1Learning about how sword shape changed through the history of Japan and how it was developed
From when the sword was introduced to Japan from the continent, Japanese Sword was developed following the needs of the Japanese worriers "Samurai".
It took a very unique transition of shape and how it was made.
Japanese sword doesn't bend, won't be broken and cut very well.
Japanese sword originally was, of course, an important weapon, object used as spiritual symbol, later fine art object....
Japanese Sword are not made only by one artisan, but by many artisans with their own specialties. It takes up to 3 to 4 months to complete one sword.
There are no sward like Japanese Sword that are so worshipped throughout 1,000 years and still shines.
Thank you for your kind and precise story about swords.
I truly recommend your tour to all visitors who are interested in KATANA making.
I enjoyed your tour very much.
I had a tour which included Japan sword making experience before. This tour gave me much more information than that I studied and got before the tour,
I learn a lot such as the kinds of swords. Yakiire process. Hamon and so on,
I really recommend this tour,
Thank you, Ｍr Naka san
It was so interesting session. He taught me a lot about Japanese sward. Thank you.
It was a wonderful lecture on the Japanese swords, an iconic image of the Samurai. I learned a lot about how Japanese swords are made, and there are many different names for Japanese swords, such as"Tachi" "Katane" and "Wakizashi", which were used in different periods and uses. Thank you very much, Mr Nakahara.
Informative and enjoyable. Thank you so much!
I am very open minded and fun to talk with. I am wine sommelier and I can introduce you to the best match of Japanese Food and wine.
First of all, "WELCOME to JAPAN", "BIENVENIDOS a JAPON". My name is Toshihiko Nakahara.（"Toshi" for short) I used to live in USA, Mexico, Venezuela and Ecuador for more than 18 years in total. I am a Japanese Government Certified Tour Guide for English and Spanish. I guide not only so called "must -go" places, but to the places where you can enjoy Japanese culture and history. I am a Wine and Sake sommelier and I love introducing our guest Japanese Food and also paring with Wine and Sake. I also like studying about Japanese Sword. I do on AirBnB platform, the online experience about Japanese Sword called "The entrance to the world of Japanese Sword" under "Arts and Writing" section.