【Teaser Trip】Tour to tearooms 茶室
What we'll do
I'm Noriko. After introducing myself I will show some pictures of tearooms. Through telling the differences between living rooms and tearooms, you will be able to touch several kinds of Japanese arts as if you attend a tea gathering of Chanoyu or a so-called tea ceremony. In the end, I will make tea in my tearoom, hoping that you will enjoy Japanese culture through knowing Japan.
Your professional introduction to ”Cha-no-yu” culture was excellent.
Truly recommend the tour to those interested in Japanese culture and the real atmosphere of "Chashitu", tea room.
Tour was wonderful. Everything she prepared for the athletes has meaning. That is the true meaning of hospitality.
Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Hourai-san.
Horai san was such an elegant tea master, nicely wearing kimono and speaking beautiful English. In the first half, she explained the tea room, and in the latter half, she showed us making tea. That made me feel as I had attended a tea ceremony. This tea tour is an excellent cultural experience. I highly recommend it. Thank you so much. Horizon.
Horai-san is a wonderful tea master. On this tour, she navigated me to the world of the tea ceremony in an elegant way. She wore beautiful kimono and talked about the tea ceremony as a comprehensive Japanese art in fulent English. I was impressed by beautiful tea utensils and decor in the tea room. Thank you so much for your lecture and warm hospitality, Horai-san.
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,650 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 5 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- Best for learning Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone,
please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one
hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we
will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the
sound or video. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of
participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your
reservation before finalizing your purchase.
1Lots of arts in the tearoom
2About tea in Japan
Government Licensed Tour Guides
“Guide Interpreting and Communication Skill Studies Association” is one of the major certified guide-interpreter organizations with about 500 members nationwide and head office in Tokyo. Since 1999, GICSS has been offering various guide skill training for our professional registered guides. Our members are full of variety with wonderful personalities and are full of "o-mo-te-na-shi" hospitality mind, bringing foreign visitors with happy memories and satisfaction. Enjoy taking a look and feel the specially selected scenery, scenes, places, architecture, food, handicrafts, souvenirs, various culture, and particularly live communication with local people and feel our lifestyles. We are only a few clicks away and would like you to experience the best! Awaiting to meet with you!