【Teaser Trip】Tokyo/ Traditional Craft Shops Tour in Nihonbashi, the Birthplace of Edo Culture
What we'll do
Hello, everybody! Welcome to Tokyo! Would you like to see the genuine beauty and elegance of Japanese traditional crafts? If yes, why don't you join my tour, "Traditional Craft Shops Tour in Nihonbashi" Nihonbashi, literally "the bridge of Japan", lies only 8 minute walk from JR Tokyo station and has been the commercial center of Tokyo since the Edo period(1603-1868). There are many old established stores as well as major financial institutions. The tour introduces you the selected three traditional craft stores, Ibasen(420 year old folding fan store), Ozu Washi Paper(400 year old Washi paper store), Hanasho(75 year old cut glass store). They retain strong remnants of an elegant and stylish tradition of old Japan as well as sophisticated modern urban culture. I will take you into the stores, pick up their best items and talk about their specialties. Let me assist you in shopping there, too. Now sign up the tour!
- Price per person (tax included)
- 1,320 JPY - / person
- Max participants
- Up to 5 people
- Hosted in English
- Communication tools
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- Best for enjoying Japan
- Things you need to know before the tour
- The teaser trips will be held using Zoom meetings.
- Personal computers and smartphones can be used to participate, but when using a smartphone,
please be sure to download the Zoom application in advance.
- The URL for the teaser trip will be sent to the email address you used to register no later than one
hour before the start time.
- The meeting room will open to participants five minutes before the start of the teaser trip.
- Participants may join the teaser trip even if the start time has passed. However, please note that we
will not be able to receive or respond to messages after the trip begins.
- Please make sure that your microphone is off and your camera is on during the teaser trip.
- Depending on the internet connection on the day of the teaser trip, there may be issues with the
sound or video. We ask for your patience and understanding.
- Any internet or data fees incurred by participation in the teaser trips are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- In order to avoid any mishaps or trouble, the teaser trips may be recorded.
- The company and the WOW U mediators (guides) will not be responsible for any malfunctions of
participants’ computers, smartphones, or tablets that may occur during the teaser trips.
- Reservations cannot be canceled after payments have been made. Please double check your
reservation before finalizing your purchase.
Introduce their wide selection of folding fans and round fans. Show their private gallery and enjoy their precious collection of original Ukiyo-e, the art of woodblock prints.
2Ozu Washi Paper Store
The store is a large paper wholesale merchant since 1653 and has one of the widest collections of Washi paper in Japan. Let's enjoy colorful and artistic handmade paper and learn the history of Nihonbashi at their museum.
Visit the exclusive store of the cut glass of Edo style and enjoy the traditional and original patterns cut into the glassware.
Government Licensed Tour Guides
“Guide Interpreting and Communication Skill Studies Association” is one of the major certified guide-interpreter organizations with about 500 members nationwide and head office in Tokyo. Since 1999, GICSS has been offering various guide skill training for our professional registered guides. Our members are full of variety with wonderful personalities and are full of "o-mo-te-na-shi" hospitality mind, bringing foreign visitors with happy memories and satisfaction. Enjoy taking a look and feel the specially selected scenery, scenes, places, architecture, food, handicrafts, souvenirs, various culture, and particularly live communication with local people and feel our lifestyles. We are only a few clicks away and would like you to experience the best! Awaiting to meet with you!