Daisen White Resort
Daisen White Resort, which spreads out over the sides of Mt. Daisen, boasts the largest snow field in western Japan. Composed of four different ski zones (Daisen Kokusai, Goenzan, Nakanohara, and Uenohara), there are a variety of different slopes that make for a fun experience for everyone from beginners to experts.
- Nakanohara Area: magnificent north-facing slopes surrounded by a forest of beech trees.
- Goenzan Area: characteristic of its gentle, moderate slopes, this area has wide courses that make practicing easy for beginner skiers and snowboarders. There is also kids park where small children can enjoy sledding.
- Uenohara Area: split into two sections, the top half of this area has slopes for intermediate to advanced skiers, while the bottom half is more appropriate for beginners. The bottom half also has night skiing, and on a clear night sometimes fires lit on the ocean to lure and catch fish can be seen from the slopes.
- Kokusai Area: boasts the largest scale courses of all four areas. This area is composed of the longest course in the resort, the Champion Course, as well as a number of courses that are easy to glide down.
The resort is famous for its superb views of the ocean, and if you look out from the slopes you'll be able to see a sweeping scene of Yumigahama Hanto Peninsula, the Sea of Japan, Nakaumi Lake, Shimane Hanto Peninsula, and even the far-off Oki Islands. The slopes are not a straight dive from the top of the mountain into the ocean, however; there are rest houses and cafeterias that offer new original menus every year. On these menus are a variety of foods, including sweets that will warm you up and take away your fatigue during the cold season.
Photograph provided by Tottori Pref.
- 5.0 Hours
- Telephone Number
- Postal code
96 Daisen, Saihaku Gun, Tottori
- Method of payment
- Cash, Credit Card
- Official URL
- Recommended season
- January, February, March, December
- Business Hours
Monday･Tuesday･Wednesday･Thursday･Friday･Saturday･Sunday : 08:00~17:00
- Admisson Fee
JPY4900 / Adult
Age 6-12: JPY 3500
For specific fees and admission prices, please check the official website.
Request a guide
You can get in touch with us to find additional guides who can show you around this spot.Request
Login is required
No reviews yet.